English Pre-Intermediate A, Post 1, 'A country you would like to visit'

 

Warm Salutations


Earthlings from FACSO,


In this very special moment, I am bringing to you the first out of five blog sessions we will be working on.

 

In this particular session, you will be asked to do the following classwork:


Which country would you like to go to? Why?


What do you know about it?

What would you like to do there?

- Would you like to study/work/live there? Explain.

Upload pictures (optional)

Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher’s entry

Word Count160 words

 

Down below, I am leaving you a written sample for you to have an idea. 

 

 

"Hi everybody,

 To go straight to the point, I will say that I would like to visit Japan in the near future. Since it is the birthplace of all anime and video games, Japan makes its way as one of the most interesting places to visit on the globe.

Japan is a very beautiful place, full of a rich inner-city life. On this occasion, I would like to focus on Akihabara District. This is paradise, literally. This is a place where all the arcade game shops you have ever imagined are located. You can play on the last video game machines, or go directly to the past and visit some old school antiques arcade machines.

As it is of common knowledge, going to Japan entails a beautiful travel experience. Nevertheless, I think I would never go and live in Japan since it possesses a completely opposed idiosyncrasy from Chile. I think it would take a lot of time, patience and effort to go and mingle with people there".

 

Thanks a lot for reading,

Kind Regards!

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The arcade machines are so funny, I understand why you're so obsessed with them. But I must admit that I've never known how to play correctly with them, I mean, I just press all the buttons and it works (at least) for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I didn't know about "Akihabara District" and almost nothing about Japan, but I think it's very interesting and fun to go there, especially if you like video games. I also agree that the totally opposite idiosyncrasies of Chile, i think this last thing make a little difficult get to used live there.
    bye bye.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi professor, I agree that it would be very difficult to live and adapt to another country so different from Chile jajaja

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly don't like Japan, but it sounds interesting now that you say that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. visiting japan would definitely be an incredible experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what a great choice! I would love to get to know Japan and see the famous cherry trees bloom

    ReplyDelete
  8. How interesting! I share your desire to go to Japan but not the reasons haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi professor, I also think that it's difficult to live and adapt to Japan, but the truth is that I would also like to travel and see all the beautiful places and buildings that anime illustrates in such detail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi profesossor, I wolud still like to go to Japan, but I am more interesteed in the nightlife of Shibuya District, although i think that not speaking the language will make everithing more dificult.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The culture in Japan is amazing and very interesting. I like it's history and modernity of their cities, it's a fusion between past and future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Japan is also, one of my favorite countrys. I like the culture and I would like to go too !!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello, I would like to see Japan as well, its natural landscapes are beautiful, although the food does not look so appetizing haha

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hello, Professor and classmates!
    I also want to go to Japan someday, but I think for somewhat different reasons jajaja, I'm not a fan or connoisseur of video games, but I would try a lot of food, travel through their cities to soak up their history and landscapes! also, the Japanese language sounds very nice :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English Pre Intermediate A, Post 5 [FINAL], 'Changes to my study programme'

English Pre-Intermediate A, Post 2, 'Choosing between: (a) The best holidays or (b) The best concert'