English Pre-Intermediate A, Post 3, ' 'My dream job'

 Warm Salutations,


Prospective Early Childhood Educators, Sociologists, Psychologists, Social Workers and Anthropologists from FACSO,



This week, I am bringing to you the third out of six blog sessions.



In this particular session, you will be asked to do the following class assignment:

 

 

 

- What kind of job would you like to have in the future? How do you imagine it?

- What skills will you need?

- Would you like to travel a lot in your job?

- What about the salary?

- Add any other related ideas.


- Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts (optional) + a comment on your teacher's post (obligatory)

 

- Word Count: 210 words

 

 

I leave you a sample, as usual, 

 

"First of all, as a manner of a beginning, I would like to say that it is difficult to choose a favourite activity that you perform, in my case, I probably have too many to choose from. If I was paid for an activity I enjoy performing, I would say it could be heaven on Earth, literally. However, I must return to reality and talk about what paid endeavour I enjoy the most doing, and in my case, it should be ‘teaching English as a Foreign Language to university students.

 

It is extremely difficult to say what particular bit of your job you like the most. Choosing a form of making money that makes you happy is one of the most difficult decisions a person has to make in their entire life. It is not just a matter of choosing; it is a matter of performing a job and dealing with the hardships of it without giving in during the process.

 

The money you make is important, however, the quantity is not that much. Money brings a great deal of help and gives you an opportunity to obtain some tools to help you thrive throughout this life. I think I’m not in this business for money. I’m here because it is fun and I rather enjoy the experience of meeting new challenges to approach new people and their struggles with the English Language.

 

What about you?

Best Regards

Cheers!

Comments

  1. I agree! It is not easy to find something that makes you happy and at the same time gives you a good economic level

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, our economic model often forces us to choose between enjoying our work or earning a good salary. I'm glad you enjoy teaching us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, it is difficult to choose what you like the most and at the same time earn enough money, however, I think you made the right choice because you are a very good teacher :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it is difficult to choose, but I think it is so interesting and I hope you can someday
    achieve your dream job. Never is late!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree, money is important but not everything

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with the different arguments.Personally, I like the work you have.

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is nothing more depressing than to work on something that we don`t like, even if we are paid a lot. There`s nothing better than to work on something to motivate us.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Although being an actor must be something great, it shows that you enjoy what you are currently doing

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! I think that is very kind of your part want to be an english teacher for help students and people in general with this languaje

    ReplyDelete
  10. hello teacher, hopefully one day teachers' salaries will improve, because you do a lot of work

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello, it seems like a great job
    teach English, since it is necessary to know, and even better if it is from a teacher who enjoys it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the great advantage of, in this case, being an English teacher, is that it is a language of great scope, therefore, very versatile. By mastering English one could be a teacher, a translator... which could include travel. But of course, the truth is that validating qualifications, being recognized and having the resources is the hard part in this highly competitive society.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English Pre Intermediate A, Post 5 [FINAL], 'Changes to my study programme'

English Pre-Intermediate A, Post 1, 'A country you would like to visit'

English Pre-Intermediate A, Post 2, 'Choosing between: (a) The best holidays or (b) The best concert'