English Pre-Intermediate A, Post 2, 'Choosing between: (a) The best holidays or (b) The best concert'

 Warm Salutations,


Prospective Early Childhood Educators, Psychologists, Social Workers, Sociologists and Anthropologists from FACSO,



This week, I am bringing to you the second out of eight blog sessions.



In this particular session, you will be asked to do the following class assignment:



This time you will write about the best holidays or concerts you've been to


Please choose ONLY 1 topic

Holidays:


When it was
Where they went
How long it was
People you went with
Things/activities they did
Why it has been the best so far
Any other relevant info



or,


Concert:

When / where it was
The artist you saw
A bit of info about the artist
Describe the atmosphere during the event
Describe how you felt and why they enjoyed it
Any other memories about it

Word Count: 170.


Leave comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + comments on your teacher's post.


"Dear Fellow Concert Goers,



This time I was given the great opportunity to write about a memorable concert I had the privilege to attend. This time I wanted this writing session to be special. I wanted to tell you all about a time I was the lead singer of a (short-lived) band.



 About twelve years ago, when I was a freshman at university, a great meeting for “mechones” (first-year students) was going to take place. Everybody was looking forward to attending this great musical event, and especially, every single band was looking forward to giving its best shot. Everything had to be perfect.



One of those bands was composed of English Pedagogy Students, and they chose “me” to give a special surprise. They thought I was a funny person which had something to give to the audience, so, out of nowhere, they told me to sing a funny song to cheer the audience up. 



What I sang to a drunken (pissed off, really) group of university students was memorable, at least for me. I combined two songs, “La Chona” from “Los Tucanes de Tijuana” and “Lithium” from Nirvana.



The laugh was massive, and the fun, even more memorable. It was a nice touch of foolishness”.


Thanks a lot for reading,

Kind Regards!



Comments

  1. You were what??? Omg that's so amazing. No way that's foolishness, but something memorable! I think I'll never see you the same way (in a good way, obviously)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I never expected that! As I was reading, I imagined the concert and thought it was amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha I imagine the mix of those two songs playing in philosophy faculty on a Friday, very funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would have liked to hear that mix of such great songs

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahaha that must have been incredible

    ReplyDelete
  6. how entertaining!!!! and the songs were perfect

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teacher, you should sing to us in class hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great experience, those moments are unforgettable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello, haha ​​what a fun experience and good memory of the first year of university

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your story of your students days it`s very funny. Sometimes i think that the students from another times were more messy, i remeber that beach parties were very wilds.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English Pre Intermediate A, Post 5 [FINAL], 'Changes to my study programme'

English Pre-Intermediate A, Post 1, 'A country you would like to visit'