English Pre Intermediate A, Post 5 [FINAL], 'Changes to my study programme'

  Warm Salutations,


This week, I am bringing to you the fifth and final blog session.



In this particular session, you will be asked to do the following class assignment:



Write about some changes that could be made to your study programme

Among others, think about:

> The curriculum (the subjects you have to study)
> Workload and length of studies
> Faculty facilities (buildings and infrastructure)
> Use of technology
> Teaching Methods


- Word Count: 230
- Leave comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts and your teacher's blog entry 



As I always do, I leave you with a sample post,


"I think I would not change any of the subjects from the undergraduate programme I studied. They are OK and I have no complaints whatsoever. The curriculum was probably meant to cover every single aspect of English Linguistics and Literature. What it did not cover was Spanish Linguistics, and of course, I did not study Spanish Linguistics. Even though I took a subject on Spanish Grammar and Introduction to Literary Studies completely in Spanish, it was not complete enough to say that I received enough linguistic training in Spanish Linguistics and Literature.


That being so, and focusing on the workload and length of studies, I think they were kind of appropriate since we were university students and we were meant to be there from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm. We, as students, were taking a full-time academic workload and it was OK as well. Furthermore, I would say this training in English Linguistics, formally speaking at least, helped enormously to create a sense of discipline of study and on this matter, a full-time formal training was also OK.  


On another tone, The Faculty of Philosophy and Humanities falls into dark times concerning the not very amicable status of its facilities and use of technology. When entering the faculty’s facilities one can feel a terrible sense of isolation from the outside world. What I mean to say is that there is not a single trace of technology from this century.

In an overall appraisal, I would say I liked the programme in itself. As I already said, it was nothing else but formal training in Linguistics in four years.  Boring you might say, but quite useful". 


What about you?

Cheers!

Comments


  1. Thanks for sharing this, I think the academic load of any program is quite a lot but it really helps to create a sense of discipline and responsibility with the study

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think that English Linguistics and Literature cares about Spanish Linguistics, but it should definitely be introduced! Also... from 8:30 am to WHAT? that's a lot of hours, I've never stayed so many hours at the university

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting how some places on campus haven't changed technologically, I could say the same with the social sciences faculty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very few times I've had to spend all day studying at the university and it's very tiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. In general, I believe that technology and the modification of structures could make the university a friendlier space for everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Too bad it didn't have technology! I hope that has changed for today's students

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, the workload was too extense, yeah maybe helps for the discipline but you must have been very tired!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your workload was hard, i get tired too much when i have spent a full day in university, i prefered to be able to realize other activities outside of the university, but it`s true that the early years in university were funny, in those days i would not have disliked staying all day in university.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, from 8:30 am to 7:30 pm, I think I was lucky to have a good schedule.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think that is very important when we think that our career is usefull

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I share your opinion regarding the infrastructure and technology of philosophy. I am pleased that you are satisfied with what I study

    ReplyDelete
  13. we have a very similar experience in relation to the technology of the faculty...!! many things, as you rightly say, from the last century, with little maintenance or just plain bad, without use. But well, we can often see how the priorities are different, injecting resources in other things to the detriment of the students....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English Pre-Intermediate A, Post 1, 'A country you would like to visit'

English Pre-Intermediate A, Post 2, 'Choosing between: (a) The best holidays or (b) The best concert'