English Pre-Intermediate A, Post 4, 'Time Travel to the past or future'

 Warm Salutations,


This week, I am bringing to you the fourth out of five blog sessions.


In this particular session, you will be asked to do the following class assignment:


Write about an imaginary time travel to the past or future:


  • Where would you like to go? Why?

  • What time in the future? / What time in the past?

  • Would you like to stay there? Why/Why not?

  • Upload pictures (optional)


Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher’s entry


Word count: 220 words

 

 

As usual, as you’re used to, I leave you an entry that you can take as a point of reference to write one of your own:


Future? Why? I do not know If I want to travel to the future, to be honest. What for? To acquire a ton of information that might be helpful for mankind, I suppose. Well, if I have to be honest, I wouldn’t mind if a take a short trip and find out what will become of humanity in a few decades, or even centuries. 


First of all, I would like to travel for 2 weeks in the future to find out what will become of some errands I have to make in two weeks’ time. If these errands turn out to be OK, my next journey will be in a few years, 4 or 5 let’s say. I think it will be pretty good to know [for sure and in exact terms] if I and my family will be OK in such a short time frame [4 or 5 years is such a really short time, don’t you think?]. Are we going to be OK? I think it’s up to this little journey to find out about it.


Once I had made sure that every acquaintance and family member will be OK, I think I will turn into an informant for future events that will involve us all as humans and people. Well, it will not do any harm if I can make some money with a little bit of information about some sports statistics, not that I will cause a major time and space collapse, I think. [any related events to a time travel movie called ‘Back to the Future’ are only mere and accidental coincidence].


Finally, I think I will look for information about time travel, to make this experience safer for the right people: engineers, scientists and anyone who is willing to and that can bring actual progress to our contemporary human landscape. However, if I think about travelling to the future even further, I think I will prefer to leave the world as it is and worry about my present. I know you will probably be thinking that this is a very cheap and anticlimactic way to end a blog entry, and it is. It’s not that is a good idea to mess with future events, either. 


Anyway, let’s turn the page over and see what would you do if you were able to travel a few moments or centuries in the past or future. Thanks for reading. Cheers!



Comments

  1. It`s useful the information about our lifes in the future, we would make few mistakes and we would prepared to future events. But also it`s necesary that things go wrong, there is useful experience and sometimes bad events brings to good changes.

    ReplyDelete

  2. I like your plan to travel to the future, especially the part about becoming an informant of the future, it's a very good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, I hope you can carry out your projects with your family in a couple of years. I like your idea of ​​knowing about soccer games and getting money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ever since i saw the The Simpsons episode where Homer travels back in time, the idea of time travel seems a bit scary to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. jajajaj I think Marty McFly and Doc would not be very happy if you bet on sports

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a good idea to travel to the future to look for information that will help humanity, but the truth scares me a little, I think I prefer everything to follow its natural course.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like you plan. In the event that humanity is still alive it is a good plan

    ReplyDelete
  8. amazing plan! I don't know what I would do with all the information about the future

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think there is an ethical problem about accessing time travel, and if that possibility is given to all people. For example, a criminal who can travel wherever he wants. That's why maybe it wouldn't be good to travel in time jaja

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think now I want to travel 3 weeks into the future and stay there with the semester over

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think the time allotted for the trip is great! I wouldn't want to travel to the future because I would probably die of anxiety :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English Pre Intermediate A, Post 5 [FINAL], 'Changes to my study programme'

English Pre-Intermediate A, Post 1, 'A country you would like to visit'

English Pre-Intermediate A, Post 2, 'Choosing between: (a) The best holidays or (b) The best concert'